Sunday, April 18, 2010

Erap gets Lakas exec's backing ahead of birthday

Yet another official of the ruling Lakas-Kampi Christian Muslim Democrats party has jumped ship ahead of next month's polls.

Quezon City 2nd District Rep. Annie Rose Susano, who is the Lakas-Kampi chairman for Quezon City, said she is backing the candidacy of Pwersa ng Masang Pilipino presidential candidate Joseph Estrada instead of the Lakas-Kampi standard-bearer Gilbert Teodoro.

Susano announced her decision to support Estrada in an advanced birthday party for the former president in Makati City. The former president turns 73 on Monday.

"The party knows what I am doing. Whatever their decision will be, so be it...My people and the people of Quezon City love Erap," Susano, who is running for mayor of Quezon City, said.

She added that she could deliver up to 600,000 votes for Estrada in the May 10 election.

Estrada said he will be celebrating his birthday with former San Juan residents in Taytay, Rizal and then have lunch with poor families from Payatas, Quezon City.

He told reporters that his birthday wish is for clean, honest and orderly elections on May 10.

He also continued to urge the Commission on Elections to consider applying poll automation only in select areas. "It is difficult when you make the entire country your guinea pig. They should only select certain areas because the very presidency is at stake," he said.

Estrada said he has nothing more to ask for in life. "I have already been given everything that I asked for, including my renewed freedom. But my freedom is empty if I cannot use it for the greater good of the Filipino people. That is why I am running and I hope to be able to serve the people as president again," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment